Monday, January 11, 2010

Congratulations Sony

By Wade

I never thought I would say this, but I will not be seeing the next Spider-man movie. But Sony's done it. Fail is written all over this:
In a back story twist reminiscent of the evolution of "Superman" into "Smallville,"
That right there should be enough. Of course Raimi is all class:
“Working on the Spider-Man movies was the experience of a lifetime for me," Raimi said in a statement. "While we were looking forward to doing a fourth one together, the studio and Marvel have a unique opportunity to take the franchise in a new direction, and I know they will do a terrific job."
There is one shining ray of hope for the movie(emphasis mine):

[it] will be produced by "Spider-Man" veterans Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad of Marvel Studios.
After the cinematic abortion that was Spider-man 3 (almost as bad as X-3), I said I would give the Raimi crew another chance simply because of the brilliance of the first two. However, after this dick move by Sony, I vow that they shall not profit by me in this endeavor.

1 comment:

  1. dammit, wade, you beat me to this post by an hour and a half. fie, fie unto thee!

    ReplyDelete