Monday, January 18, 2010

"Pork from a Petri Dish"


by E.doc

Okay. So, I am a pretty big fan of science. I think technological advances are awesome and necessary and helpful, etc. Stem cell research? Greatest thing ever.

But I think I draw the line at growing edible meat from a petri dish.

Something freaks me out about not eating "real" food. Or rather, food that didn't come to be by natural forces...I think. I can't describe it. Read for yourself.

Do you think this can help solve world hunger?

Here's what treehugger.com thinks about it, and how petri-fied pork really does make sense.

1 comment:

  1. Kids worldwide will now have a legitimate reason to plug their noses, close their eyes and choke down whatever it is their parents put on their plates. But hey, we've gotta start somewhere before we can get to replicators

    ReplyDelete