Saturday, June 19, 2010

Top 5 Summer Movies I'm Excited For

By Dave

In addition to politics, I love movies! It's not a great summer for film really, but there are still a couple to get excited about. Here are the top five I'm waiting for:

1) Inception starring Leonardo DiCaprio and directed by Christopher Nolan. DiCaprio has been pretty much awesome in everything since Catch Me If You Can. Christopher Nolan hasn't stepped wrong since Memento and it looks like he's going to do it again here. I'm not even really aware of what the plot is about. All I know is, I want to see it. Bad.



2) The Killer Inside Me starring Casey Affleck and directed by indie filmmaker Michael Winterbottom. It's based on a book by Jim Thompson. Praising the book, Stanley Kubrick said it was "probably the most chilling and believable first-person story of a criminally warped mind he had ever encountered." Now that's an endorsement! Also it gets points for a really creepy trailer.




3) Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World starring Michael Cera. Looks awesome! Edgar Wright is another who hasn't stepped wrong. Both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz were excellent. I haven't read the comic but I like the video game feel of the movie. I think it'll be sweet!



4) Cyrus starring John C. Reilly and Jonah Hill. This movie has everything. A little sweetness, a little sadness, and a whole lotta funny. I love everyone involved.




5) The American starring George Clooney. George Clooney is this generations Carey Grant: cool, suave, and sophisticated. I really like the look and feel of this movie.



Special mention: Predators. I know, I know. It could be cheesy and really bad...but its produced by Robert Rodriguez and stars Adrian Brody. So, I want to see it anyways

No comments:

Post a Comment