Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Only Two-thousand Or So Years Behind the Romans

By Wade
Can I say effin' finally?

"We have developed a legislative proposal for consideration by the House and Senate that puts a process in place to repeal 'don't ask, don't tell' once...the Secretary of Defense and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs certify that repeal can be achieved consistent with the military's standards..." said the letter sent Monday night that was signed by Sen. Carl Levin, D-Michigan; Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Connecticut; and Rep. Patrick Murphy, D-Pennsylvania.
(link)

Or perhaps I should say that is a big effin' deal?

The article goes on to vaguely discuss compromises between the White House's vision and a "working group" in the military that's reviewing the matter, but I say progress is better than nogress (first syllable like egg nog, second syllable like egress, means the opposite of progress, you owe me a dime if you use it).

Now I know you guys might be thinking, "Wait a second, I thought this blog imploded when all its contributors went back to school?"

Well, in the words of one of my favorite superheroes, "It's me, I'm here, deal with it."

2 comments:

  1. But...if we allow gays in the military, then upon whom will we test the gay-bomb?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always need a control group.

    ReplyDelete